Due to a generous grant from the Carlsberg Foundation, the Organising Committee of the ICE-4 conference offers a number of (full or partial) travel grants that contribute to the coverage of accommodation and travel expenses, primarily for young postdoctoral students and outstanding PhD students from less resourceful territories. The number of grants, as well as their specific size, depend on the number of applicants and conference participants. Only participants who have submitted an abstract are eligible for a travel grant. Applicants with an accepted abstract will be prioritized.
To support the participation of outstanding scholars from less resourceful territories, the Organising Committee offers a number of fee waivers. The number of waivers depends on the number of applicants and conference participants. While all participants with financial challenges may apply for a fee waiver, young postdoctoral students and outstanding PhD students from less resourceful territories will be prioritised. Applicants with an accepted abstract (paper, poster, or part of a panel) will be prioritized.
The application process
Applications must contain:
- A clear statement of what the applicant applies for: travel grant (full or partial), fee waiver, or both
- a short motivation for the application
- a short description of the applicant’s prior contributions to ecolinguistics (including references and/or recommendations)
- a CV (max. two pages)
- If the applicant applies for a travel grant, please indicate the amount applied for
- If the applicant applies for a travel grant, please include a budget for the entire travel
Applications should be e-mailed to ICEfirstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 April 2019. Please write “Travel grants and fee waivers” in the subject field.